Friday, January 06, 2006

Tomato-Fennel-Zucchini Ragout

I have been tinkering with a Tomato-Zucchini-Fennel Ragout recently. I made a large batch of this sauce several weeks back and froze a portion. Yesterday, wondering what to make for dinner, I pulled out the frozen ragout and made a casserole layering this sauce with brown rice grand shells from Tinkyada, chickpeas and navy beans, capers, and sliced kalamata olives.

After baking, I drizzled the casserole with a touch of extra-virgin olive oil, and served with a salad topped with Roasty-Toasty Sunflower Seeds from Vive le Vegan!, and garlic bread spread with a prepared black olive tapenade.

I was surprised that both my daughters loved the sunflower seeds. Sometimes children are picky with nuts and seeds, and my 14-month old has just started small amounts of seeds/seed butters (no nuts yet at this age). These sunflower seeds are roasted with toasted sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt, and the girls loved the flavors!


juliehasson said...

Yum! Will you share this recipe Dreena?


Maddy said...

DREENA!! That looks delicious!
Noah loves beans - please
share this recipe!!!! And
thankyou for providing links-
I love your site!

Dreena said...

Hi Julie and Madelyn!

Ok, ok, just because you two asked, I will post the recipe! :)

I need to finalize the actual ragout recipe, and then I also have to set up my recipe page... so give me a week or so and I should have it set up!

juliehasson said...

No problem Dreena. I'll wait patiently, as it looks delicious!


Maddy said...

You SWEETHEART!!! Now there's
a good soul - sharing the recipe
BEFORE the next amazing cookbook
come's out...can't wait for it
by the way! Thankyou!

Anonymous said...

Looks good. Just purchased Vive le Vegan recently, and I love it. I made the Pumpkin Seed-Crusted Lentil Patties, the Balsamic Flax Oil, and the Banana Oat Bundles. All delicious!

Dreena said...

Thanks anonymous... glad you are enjoying my book! E-mail or post if you ever have questions. :)

Harmonia said...

This looks amazing!!!