Sunday, February 26, 2006

Veg Blog Reminder!

Just to remind you that there are only a couple of days left to enter in the Veg Blog contest to win a copy of Vive le Vegan!

Skedaddle on over!


Emily said...

Hi Dreena,
I have a question for you! I soaked and cooked chickpeas (I'm making the ratatouille for dinner) but how can I store the chickpeas until I need them? Right now I've got them strained and then back in the pot and covered while they wait for dinner time. Hmmmm?

Dreena said...

Hi Emily! I freeze them all the time. They freeze great. I talk about freezing beans in Vive, you can check that section for a little more detail, but basically I put them in containers in 2 cup portions. Stick a label on and put them in the freezer. Then, you can thaw them as normal, or quickly by loosening the container under hot water and then pouring hot/boiling water over the beans in a strainer to use right away. Hope this helps, and let me know how you like the ratatouille! :)

Emily said...

Thanks! I've popped them in the freezer and the ratatouille is currently in the oven. mmmmmmmmmm.

Maddy said...

You are so cute Dreena, only YOU
could get away with the
word "Skedaddle!"


Dreena said...

You're welcome, Emily, hope you enjoyed it...!

You're funny, Madelyn!