Saturday, February 19, 2011

B-raw-nies win!

I know, I promised my next post would be the green smoothie post.  But, that was before I got word from Everyday Health that my "Frosted B-raw-nies" recipe won the gluten-free contest

I blurbed about it on fb yesterday, and had to share it with you today, because really, those of you that added your comment brought my recipe to the judges table.  The comments picked up in the last few days with other entries, and I wasn't sure if my recipe would be eligible for the voting.  Each and every vote mattered.  Thanks to you sweet folks that took the time to go through to the Everyday Health site, register, and vote.  With your support, my lil' brownie recipe made it to the judges - and won!  Whoop, whoop!

What's very cool for me is that this is the first recipe contest I have ever entered.  And, it's neat that a vegan recipe came through to win amongst other non-vegan recipes.  Hurray for vegan and gluten-free!  And raw frosting. :D  

Now, anyone want to show me how to use an iPad? ;)  Kidding.  I'll get with the program, it's too exciting not to!  Thank you again for voting, really, I mean it.

(Hey now, I just realized I didn't mention which of the tweal pieces are my favorites.  There's a lot I love, but two of my favorites are the first two photos in my last post - the dress and argyle sweater.  I mean, how did Judy manage to make an argyle sweater look so darn fun?  And, since that giveaway, she's posted girls' dresses, and how cute is this?)

11 comments:

Jennifer M. said...

Congrats!

Kimberly said...

Congratulations! (I am so glad I voted for your recipe -- way to take the world by storm with yummy vegan recipes!)

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved win, Dreena!

VeganLisa said...

Congratulations Dreena!!!
I love that brownie recipe. I make it all the time. I'm really glad that your big win will encourage more people to give it a try. I know they will be impressed and join the Dreena fan club, just like me. xo

Sarah (Flavoropolis) said...

Congrats - vegans represent!

Cory said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations! So exciting!

Rocket and Roses Vegan Kitchen said...

Congratulations - can't wait to try these!

rachel said...

Wooooo Hooooo!! I knew that recipe would win! I'm cutting my raw brownie's to put in the freezer now :)

Sasha@ Blyssfulhealth said...

Congrats. They look yummy.

Unknown said...

Congrats on winning Dreena!!!

And thanks :D

Shan said...

Congratulations! And thank goodness I've found this blog. :-) I've just gone Veg and I love brownies...but, unlike many other vegan brownie recipes, this one looks delish!