Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Vegan Tomato-Lentil Pasta


Pictured is Tomato-Lentil Pasta (p.107, Vive le Vegan!), along with a simple salad of baby spinach, romaine lettuce, cucumber, and pine nuts tossed with an Annie's Naturals salad dressing. Yellow wax beans tossed with olive oil and sea salt and lightly broiled were on the side, as well as some whole-grain bread.

This pasta sauce is easy, and very flavorful with garlic, herbs, and pungent capers. I used kamut pasta to toss in the sauce, and since our 1-year old is not yet eating wheat, I gave her a portion to try (removing the capers). She absolutely loved it! I was surprised, because it is quite savory, but sometimes little ones enjoy more flavor than we realize!

5 comments:

Dreena said...

Welcome Tamara, thanks for visiting and your kind words! I hope you enjoy my book when Santa drops it off. :) E-mail anytime if you have questions/feedback!
-Dreena

Harmonia said...

Looks yummie! Will have to try!

julie hasson said...

Hi Dreena,

I have been dreaming of those amazing looking chocolate dipped cherries for the past few days. So I finally looked at their website to see if they ship to the states. And, it looks like their only U.S. location just happens to be about 15 minutes from my house. YEAH!!! Guess where I'm going tomorrow?!

Julie

Dreena said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you Julie!! They are divine... I cannot wait for mine to arrive! Let me know how you like them! :)

Anonymous said...

Everything about that meal looks so good. I love Annie's Natural's dressing. Especially the Papaya Poppyseed. So good.