Monday, May 08, 2006

Gettin' My Freak On

Well, not in the way you may be thinking (tsk, tsk)!

On this week's Vegan Freak podcast, I am interviewed by the hosts, and authors of "Vegan Freak: Being Vegan in a Non-Vegan World", Bob and Jenna Torres.

If you haven't been to the Vegan Freak website... link on over now! You'll find links to resources, a blog, and a very popular vegan forum board. Plus, Bob and Jenna broadcast weekly podcasts where they discuss all things vegan, feature voice mails and e-mails from their listeners, a "cooking with Dino" segment, interviews, and more. Sure to give you things to think about, act on, and also laugh about!

One wee caution... you will definitely hear some profanities in the vegan freak podcasts (not in my segment, I tried to be "good" for all of you out there!) But, in case you are offended by foul language, I have given you the 'warning'.

Also, I should warn you that I do tell a tale about parenting that can only be described as... gross!

Thanks Bob and Jenna for making me one super freaky vegan mama!

9 comments:

Flo @ Yielded Heart said...

Hi, Dreena. I know I couldn't listen to the whole podcast but I was able to locate where your segment started. Still didn't get to listen to the whole interview but I was really thrilled to be able to hear the voice behind the blog and the books.

And if Jennifer got you started on blogging, maybe we could get you started on your own podcast! Haha, I know that's too much.. but who knows!

Dreena said...

Hi Kai... thanks! I know, the podcast was a long one, and I usually have to pause them several times and sometimes listen to the full thing over a few days because I'm often interrupted (you know)! I got quite 'chatty' with them as well, so my own segment got rather long! It's strange, isn't it, that we have this blogging network and yet never hear/see each other? We all need somewhere to 'introduce' ourselves on audio or video - that would be fun! Thanks for listening. :)

Hi Nell! I'm so pleased you are enjoying Vive - thanks for saying so! I very much enjoy your product reviews (go check out her blog, so far Nell has completed reviews of vegan cookies, wines, veg burgers and vegan chocolate)!!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Dreena you are so rad! I should actually listen to a podcast, I'm way too lazy with the computer speaker set up.

Dreena said...

Well Jess, I love that you think I'm rad, since apart from listening to podcasts, I'm not very 'with the times' otherwise (no ipods here, and we don't have a dvd for instance - I think we are resisting the technology change)!! We did get past 8-tracks and cassettes though, and we DO have cd's! Ha! :)

Harmonia said...

Hi there! It's been a strange few days! Thanks for your comments! You know I love and appreciate them!

:)

Julie said...

I just listened to the Pod cast! I agree w/ Kai, in that it was great to hear 'the voice behind the blog!'

btw, I must say that I love your Canadian accent! I must say, it is one of the most endearing of all the accents! ;)

Dreena said...

Hi Harmonia... I hope everything is going alright - ? A few strange days in a good way, hopefully.

Oh, thank you Julie... that's funny, I don't even think I have much of a Cdn "accent". I am from Newfoundland, and there is most definitely a very noticeable accent or "twang" there! So, I still have some of that and now living in BC for a number of years I have this strange mix - hehe! I love the British accent, oh, and I just love the Australian accent too. Anyhow, thanks for listening, eh?! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Y'all should most definitely listen to the podcast segment. It's wicked cool fun, and Dreena sounds more relaxed than the traditional segments she used to do for Erik Marcus. The interactive element with her bantering back and forth with Bob and Jenna was fun to listen to, and poop is always funny.

Dino

Dreena said...

Hey Dino... well, thanks so much! Super of you to give that kind of feedback. Yeah, the poop story was funny to tell - not so funny at the time, though!! :)