Thursday, April 29, 2010

New Recipes!

After getting your requests on which new recipe to post, seems to be a bit of a toss up between the Strawberry-Gogi Muffins and the Black Bean, Sweet Potato and Quinoa Croquettes.  What to do, what to do?  

What can I say, I'm a softie, so I'll be posting both!  I'll start with the croquettes, and will post the muffins later. I would like someone to test out the Strawberry-Goji Muffins first before I post them.  Reason is that I've tested the blended mixture in my beloved Blendtec, and I'd like to know how the mix would turn out with a standard blender.  So, if you want to test run the muffins (they will need to be tested as is, not with substitutions, so you will need oat flour and spelt flour).  E-mail me at dreenaburton@gmail.com.  (I will only be able to take 2 or 3 testers.)

In the meantime, thought I'd give you some photos of other recipes that I've been up to: 

Proper Healthy Granola Bars
Most granola bars are not that healthy.  There are healthier varieties, but still, some of us want to create our own healthy granola bars that aren't too sweet and that we can customize with some additions of spices or switch up of dried fruit, etc.  I've been asked numerous times for a proper granola bar, and so here you have it!


Raw Lemon-Lime Cheesecake with Fresh Mango Sauce 
Raw cheesecakes trump any tofu/tofutti version (imo), and I wanted to come up with my own signature raw cheesecake.  This one combines the tang and flavor of both lemon and lime juice, and has a tropical twist with coconut in the crust and a fresh mango sauce for serving.  It is heavenly, without an ounce of dessert guilt!


 
Lemon Infused Mediterranean Lentils 
Lentils, I love thee!  Beans are the staple of our diet, along with whole grains.  Lentils are a favorite of mine, they cook quickly, taste fresh and clean, and are easy to digest.  What makes these lentils even better is infusing them with fresh lemon and herbs during cooking, and finishing the dish off with tomatoes, pine nuts, and dry olives.  Delish!


Boulangerie Potatoes with Sauteed Fennel and White Beans
Thinly sliced potatoes bake golden and tender on top of sweet sauteed fennel and white beans simmering in a white wine broth.  This is a personal favorite - yes - because of the fennel.  But, come on, those golden potatoes.




Any of you wishing you could change your recipe vote now?  Hee.  I know, I'm a teensy bit wicked.  ;)

Okay, so let's get started with the recipe for the Black Bean, Sweet Potato and Quinoa Croquettes with Pumpkin Seed Chipotle Cream.   Hope you enjoy - let me know!

17 comments:

Ellen said...

The croquettes sound great and I will try the recipe but what I really want is the lemon pie - yum! Thanks for the recipe.

VeganLisa said...

You know, it sounds like you have enough recipes ready for your next book...just a thought!
I hope all is well with you Dreena.
xoxo
Lisa

Everyday Superhero said...

The croquettes...Drool! Can't wait to try them!

Melodie said...

Yum yum yum! Hey! I just started a linky over at my blog Breastfeeding Moms Unite! where I post about breastfeeding and vegetarianism. If you'd like to link up there that'd be very cool.
http://www.breastfeedingmomsunite.com

aimee said...

yippee! Thanks, Dreena! I am really lokoing forward to these!

Meg said...

Croquettes plz!

Babette said...

Those recipes look amazing. I am looking forward to your next book!

Anonymous said...

Lovely lovely. I am hungry now!

Anonymous said...

I just bought your ed &bv book today and it is my first vegan cookbook. I became a vegetarian about 15 years ago but just made the switch about a month ago to vegan. So far one of the hardest things for me is figuring out what to have to go with things. Any suggestions on a side dish or 2 for these?

Dreena said...

veganlisa, you know, I think you gave me the push I needed with that! I was starting to think the same thing and just holding back from the next obvious step...

Kim, first, congrats on making the full transition to being vegan. It may seem like a big thing right now, but it becomes second nature quick enough! Often in my recipes, I give suggestions about what to pair with one recipe or another. So, have a browse through the individual recipes to check out the suggested side dishes or sauces, etc. If you still have q's, let me know, if there's a specific recipe(s) you're wondering about, I'll give you some ideas. Can depend on whether one dish you're making is more starchy, or veg-heavy, or rich in nuts, or tofu-based, etc, and then often it's finding a side dish or sauce or salad to help balance things off. Make sense? I'll help more if you need specifics! Good luck, and I hope ed&bv gives you a warm welcome into vegan cooking. :)

Thanks everyone...!

Unknown said...

The croquettes look just mouthwatering. :)

wholesale handbags

Simply Life said...

wow, everything looks great!

Vespertino_Matutino said...

Isn't that quinoa with the Lentils?

Everything is just great, look very delicious btw :]

Vegan Gastronomy FTW!

Jenny said...

Raw Lemon-Lime Cheesecake with Fresh Mango Sauce sounds OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! will try that once i can (finally) eat sugar...

Wholesome Chow said...

Oohh...you're photos look so tasty! I want some raw cheesecake right now! hehe...

Veronica
www.WholesomeChow.com

Visit our website to order our Decadent Vegan Cake Baking Mixes!

Esther said...

Are these going to be featured in the 'Eat Drink and be Vegan'? Looking forward to that lentil recipe- looks mouthwatering! Your lentil pie and scalloped potato recipes in Vive le Vegan are the ultimate comfort foods! Always make them together!

Dreena said...

Hi Esther, these will all be in my new cookbook "Let Them Eat Vegan", on the shelves Spring 2012! Here's the link (though there's no cover image yet):
http://www.amazon.com/Let-Them-Eat-Vegan-Plant-Strong/dp/0738215619/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1319317004&sr=1-1