Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back Real Soon (with this....)

Hiya guys, it's been what seems like forever!  Quick note that I'll be back to posting very soon.  I won't have news about the new book title just yet.  Not sure if we have one altogether figured out, actually!  In fact, if you want to throw out any of your own very clever ideas, go for it!  While I think I might have a title/theme in place, that all could change.  So, if you think you have something rather dynamite, shout it out!

What I will be back to share with you is my new recipe for "Steel Cut Oats In-An-Instant", as you see in the photo.  Reminds me of Cream of Wheat that we pretty much grew up on as kids.  Did you eat that too?  We always had it with brown sugar on top!  Nice memory. :)

Anyhow, back very, very soon!  Until then, read this clever excerpt:
It is absurd that we eat pigs and love dogs and don't even know why.  Many of us spend long minutes in the aisle of the drugstore mulling over what toothpaste to buy.  Yet most of us don't spend any time at all thinking about what species of animal we eat and why.  (Source:  Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm glad you're back, Dreena. I loved cream of wheat as a kid, especially topped with brown sugar. You may have ignited a craving. ;-)

Thomasin said...

Tell me your recipe will mean my husband will stop buying the instant packets of oatmeal (it drives me crazy that he does that!). Looking forward to it...

Lindsey said...

I absolutely love the quote you posted! Great blog. :)

Clare said...

Yay! I'm glad you're back, Dreena. I'm new to your blog but have all your cookbooks. I have lots of vegan cookbooks but yours are hands-down my favourites. As a busy mom of three, I find that your recipes are not only the most flavourful and delicious but also the most kid/ husband friendly and also the simplest to prepare. We just hosted vegan thanksgiving at our house and everyone couldn't stop raving about the food (all credit to you!)
Can I also say that I am mildly obsessed with your moroccan roast vegetable phyllo rolls. Holy yum. I've actually considered eating them for breakfast. Such a perfect balance of flavours...I can tell how much work you put into perfecting your recipes. OK, I'm done gushing now. Thanks for doing what you do!

Dreena said...

thank you guys, and Clare, that really means a great deal to me. I sometimes feel neurotic when it comes to testing through my recipes, so knowing that my intensity with details is appreciated, is a lovely thing. Thank you!