Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Making Of DJ's Hummus Salad Dressing

Last summer I shared a recipe with you for "DJ's Hummus Salad Dressing".  The recipe made its way into Let Them Eat Vegan, and today I decided to remind to make this scrumptious salad dressing through a video:




One note:  I did forget to mention adding dijon mustard to the blend, but as you can see in the recipe, it's there!
p.s.  This recipe was originally titled simply "Hummus Salad Dressing".  I figured since the recipe was inspired by Trader Joe's (TJ's), I would modify the name.  Can you guess what the "J" stands for?  :)

7 comments:

Kristina said...

Ha! Love that your daughter said, "YUCK". You are totally keeping it real, and I love and appreciate that! It is nice to know that it is not just my children that respond to my hard work and yummy food that way!

Dreena said...

haha! Thanks Kristina, I really want to keep it pretty real - if it was REALLY real, though, my kitchen would be messier. ;) I do clean it up for you guys!

Anonymous said...

No, I cannot guess what the "J" stands for. But I'm DYING to know!

PS You have such a lovely complexion, Dreena. Your skin looks positively radiant!

Anonymous said...

No, I cannot guess what the "J" stands for. But I'm DYING to know!

PS You have such a lovely complexion, Dreena. Your skin looks positively radiant!

Gena said...

I adore bean based salad dressings, and this one is destined to become a star!! Also love a video peek at you :)

xoxo

Janae @ Bring-Joy said...

First, I love your Canadian accent.

Second, Coconut aminos! I've never heard of this before. I eat soy, so not a problem, but great to know.

You have fab stage presence and I love how real-life it is (esp. your daughter correcting you on the tahini...she must be the oldest, huh?).

Hope to see many more videos, you are stunning, as always.

P.S. I hope I'll be getting my book by next week so I can do a review on my blog soon!

Christine said...

My guess is Jean?? I agree with everyone else. I love the videos, hearing the girls in the background remind me of my house! :)