Thursday, April 05, 2012

Easter Menu: Avocado & Pinto Bean Enchiladas + Apple Cherry Crisp

Have you planned your Easter menu yet?  If not, don't fret.  You see, this mama just realized Easter was approaching this weekend.

Yep, I learned when our middle daughter said earlier this week: "Sarah told me that the Easter Bunny comes in 6 days".
I replied: "oh. yes. that's right."...

But my mind was saying: "whaaat, eek!"

After my brief moment of panic, I got a few ideas together for our Easter weekend.  And though I haven't entirely planned my own menu, I thought I'd offer up some lesa-traditional recipes for your own Easter dinner (and possibly my own)!

Why not try my "Avocado & Pinto Bean Enchildas" from eat, drink & be vegan, as a main dish:
Photo credit: kitchenambition.blogspot.ca

For sides, you could make a simple batch of brown rice or roasted potatoes (or sweet potatoes), along with a salad dressed with "Cumin-Cinnamon Vinaigrette" (also from ed&bv).

For dessert, something easy and light, such as my "Apple-Cherry Crisp" from The Everyday Vegan:
photo credit: vegfamily.ca
I recently made this crisp with an "Apple-Mango-Pear" adaptation, and it was wonderful:

Pair the crisp with a non-dairy vanilla ice cream, and you have a dessert fit to please your crew!

I have posted the recipes for the enchiladas and crisp for you to enjoy this Easter - or anytime.

So, tell me, have you planned your Easter dinner yet?

(p.s. Update on posting the list of edits for LTEV, I will do so and update it in my earlier post.  Check back in a day or two for the link.  Thanks.)

4 comments:

Marianne said...

I was looking for a dish to bring to a crawfish boil this weekend and this looks perfect! Thank you!

Dreena said...

Terrific, hope you like it Marianne. :)

Janae @ Bring-Joy said...

Um, I think we were on the same brain wave. I too, completely spaced it, and realized yesterday that Easter is this weekend!

I love the enchilada idea. My husband makes signature enchildas (his mom is Mexican) which are pretty amazing.

We actually have enchiladas on Christmas Eve as a part of our Christmas traditions. Thanks for posting the pics, a good reminder I need to be using your recipes more!

Dreena said...

Thanks Janae, and I hope you had a lovely Easter weekend. :)