Saturday, October 08, 2011

Thanksgiving Recipe Favorites

Thanksgiving weekend is upon us Canadians.  While we have a hockey tournament on our 'menu' this year, I'll still be squeezing in a Thanksgiving celebration.  Something fairly simple, not too overwhelming with side dishes, but still quite celebratory.

I plan to make my Festive Chickpea Tart for our main dish, and either roasted or mashed potatoes with Rosemary Gravy (new recipe in LTEV), and a fresh salad alongside.  
Festive Chickpea Tart (photo credit toliveanddieinla.com)
For dessert, I'm either making my Pumpkin Pie Custards (also from LTEV) or Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream (also from LTEV, but recipe is now reposted!).  
Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
So, I thought I'd give you links to some of these recipes, as well as a few others that are some of my favorites this time of year, like my Pureed Squash and Sweet Potato Soup, Chocolate Pumpkin Pie, and for a sweet breakfast item that can double as dessert, my Banana Pecan Rice Pudding Pie.
Pureed Squash and Sweet Potato Soup
Chocolate Pumpkin Pie - oh yeah!
And, if you aren't a pumpkin-y or chocolate-y dessert kind of person (do the two coexist?!!), here's another idea, my Gingered Pear Crisp?
Gingered Pear Crisp
As well, I'm reposting my entire Holiday Feast Menu.  This is my traditional Christmas Day menu, and there are a number of dishes in there that might be just right for your Thanksgiving table.

So, here are all the specific recipe links:

As for the Rosemary Gravy and Pumpkin Pie Custard, you'll just have to wait until LTEV hits the shelves... there's always next Thanksgiving, and I'm telling you, they're worth the wait!

Finally, if you are still not quite fixed for Thanksgiving, and looking for more recipe options, check out the great collection of Thanksgiving recipes from Nava Atlas.  She has compiled recipe contributions from different chefs and cookbook authors, so if my recipes don't suit your tastebuds, something on Nava's page surely will!

Happy Thanksgiving guys!

9 comments:

Get Skinny, Go Vegan. said...

Wow. I almost want to celebrate the Canadian one with ya!! Most of the time I feel more Canadian than US statian anyhow!

foodfeud said...

Love the chickpea tart! I've got to try that for our TG this year.

zimt said...

Ginger Pear Crisp- I LOVE this!!!!!! I think it was the first crisp recipe I have ever made and... well, I should make it again!

Lisa Viger said...

OK, can I place an order for the chocolate pumpkin pie? Very nicely done!

Tips said...

Ginger Pear Crisp. Just what I needed since I am regrettably a last minute person. Thank you for rescuing me with this perfect recipe solution.
Beth

HamDinner said...

I am delighted to report that the Ginger Pear Crisp dish I made using your wonderful recipe was successful. Big time. I can’t believe how good it was since I usually don't get things right on the first try. Must have been your very excellent recipe instructions.
Rosemary

Dreena said...

Rosemary, that's delightful news! Thanks for sharing, and more happy cooking...! :)

Molly.Clark said...

The chickpea tart is truly amazing. I didn't add the oatmeal nor cranberries, but it was still just great. My son is so-so with textures, so I blended it up with some vegan mushroom gravy and a bit of water and he at it like a thick soup. We ate it a bit more dignified, but certainly had to control how fast we gobbled it down. This is a keeper. The pumpkin ice cream is delightful, too. Looking forward to trying the other recipes. Much love to you, Dreena!!

Molly.Clark said...

The chickpea tart is truly amazing. I didn't add the oatmeal nor cranberries, but it was still just great. My son is so-so with textures, so I blended it up with some vegan mushroom gravy and a bit of water and he at it like a thick soup. We ate it a bit more dignified, but certainly had to control how fast we gobbled it down. This is a keeper. The pumpkin ice cream is delightful, too. Looking forward to trying the other recipes. Much love to you, Dreena!!