Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Sneak Peak: Jerk Chickpeas

(I first posted this on my recipes blog, whoops, sorry!)
Hiya guys!  I was noticeably absent for Halloween.  Didn't post about and special festive treats or recipes.  Sorry about that.  Life has been keeping me busy, and I didn't get into any creative food prepping for Halloween.  Last Friday I finished my edits, and that gave me the weekend to decorate the house (I thought I posted photos once before, but looks like I haven't.  I started some frenzied Halloween decorating before we even had children.  Now there's no turning back, must decorate every year, and it's a big job!).  Add on weekend activities and getting sorted again for Monday's Halloween happenings - yeah, making spider cupcakes or pumpkin cookies was just not on my radar.

But, here's what is on my radar: Jerk Chickpeas!  This is a new recipe from LTEV.  I love this one.  As I said in my last post, I love bean recipes, and this one is spicy and flavorful.  I made them today for dinner tonight, and thought "enough, I can't keep back all the photos any longer!".  So, here is Hannah's splendid photo of my Jerk Chickpeas.

You can serve these chickpea on rice or quinoa, but I especially like to fold them in warm tortillas with slices of avocado, which is how we presented it here.  The cool avocado offsets the spicy marinade so wonderfully.

A little sneak peak for you.  Hopefully you can wait another few months for the recipe - yes?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anne said...
I can wait because I have the book on pre-order so I know it's on its way someday soon.... But when you post the picture of the cover, then I probably will not be able to wait again!

Anonymous said...

Sarah said...
Those look great!!

Dreena said...

thanks Sarah and Anne, I mistakenly posted this to my recipes blog instead of this blog, so now I'm reposting and pasting in your comments!

Ingredients for Life said...

I like this recipe and the tamari one too for breakfast alongside some potatoes and sauteed veggies.

Stefania

Dreena said...

Stefania, you've got some bold breakfast tastebuds! I love the idea, never would have occurred to me when I'm having one sort of smoothie or another in the morning! (p.s. what's the tamari one you refer to - the Thai Almond one?)

Ingredients for Life said...

I was refering to the tamari chickpeas from ED&BV. We try to do a "big" breakfast on the weekend. Typically it's toast, smoothie or oatmeal on weekdays.

Dreena said...

how could I forget those, I only make a triple batch every week?! Yeah, the girls could eat those tamari chickpeas morning, noon, and night!

Yogi Kitchen said...

Hi Dreena,
Where is your recipes page? I'd love to take a look at it.

Theresa

Dreena said...

Hi Theresa, the recipe isn't posted yet, this is a sneak peak from my new cookbook, and Jerk Chickpeas recipe will be in that book - Spring 2012. But, you can check out my recipes page here:
http://viveleveganrecipes.blogspot.com

Yogi Kitchen said...

Thanks Dreena, we're following both of your blogs now, those recipes are so exciting and we'll be sure to get the new book.

Theresa

The Kitchen Buzz said...

I can't wait to try the Jerk Chickpeas recipe. Please let me know when your book is published. Thanks. Nancy