Remember I mentioned I was tinkering with my own ice cream recipes? Well, this is one of them!
A coconut-based (soy-free) rich, Chocolate Thrill Ice Cream with the addition of chocolate sauce and cookie pieces (my favorite cookie choice so far is the Triple Chocolate Threat Coconut Macaroons). (Yes, I realize this photo is hardly magnificent... but, please understand that I snap off photos with a standard digital camera, and usually in between runs to school, preschool, activities, errands... I'm just doin' my best with what I've got as a SAH mom, folks!)
The ice cream maker I use is actually an attachment to my KitchenAid mixer. See, there's my mixer with the ice cream bowl attached! I love how convenient this is! Yes, that's a different color ice cream in the bowl... as I said, I'm tinkering with ice cream recipeS!
The consistency of the ice cream after churning is quite soft, much like a soft-serve texture. It's best to pop it in the freezer for a couple of hours to firm just slightly before serving. Best to... but not easy to! I had to keep sampling along the way. :)
This new ice cream is included in the recipe vote, so let's get this thing started! Here are your options...
1) Today's post - Chocolate Thrill Ice Cream
2) "Chocolate Dipped Strawberries" Pie
3) Sweet Potato Basil Quiche
4) Triple Chocolate Threat Coconut Macaroons
5) Sugar-Free Chocolate Cake with Sugar-Free Cashew Frosting
6) Lemony Luscious Almond Cake with Almond-Maple Sauce
7) No-Butter Cream Frosting
8) Whole-Grain Salba Pancakes
9) Chocolate Banana Pudding Cake
10) Dreena's Pecan Pie
11) Lemon-Caper Braised Tempeh
12) Fab Cakes with Smarter Tartar Sauce
13) Maple Sugar Snickerdoodles
14) Dreena's "Fit-tucine" Alfredo
15) "Vegveeta" Cheesy Dip
Ahhhh! We forgot about some of those, huh, like the "Fit-tucine" and the Snickerdoodles?? Well, now's your time to click through for the foodie memories, and then have your say! Which recipe will it be?
Cast your vote in a comment on this post (one entry per person, and anonymous comments are not accepted, sorry - must have a full name or Blogger profile, to be fair to everyone voting). I'll announce the results in an upcoming post. Ok, skedaddle to it!